The digital world is becoming a popular place for companies of all sorts to reach out and find customers. This is particularly so for companies who work in the digital and technology field. Web designers, app builders, software companies, and more all vie for attention in the online world. Let’s say you’re one of these companies – a software company. What’s the best way for you to advertise online so you have the best chance of getting a customer’s attention?
First of all, you need to decide what concept you will market and what area of expertise you will be promoting, as well as what segment of the software market you want to go after. Be aware that you won’t be the only one out there fishing for customers, so you need to take competition into account when deciding to go after the larger, more popular sector of the market, or start off just working a niche area first. Also decide who your customers are going to be, who you want to attract.
Once you’ve decided on that, then get to work advertising your software company. Here are five ways to consider to advertise online.
1. If you don’t have one yet, make a website so people can find your company. Make sure it showcases what you offer and how it benefits them, and provides them with ways to contact you. Also be sure it is optimised for SEO so search engines can rank you and people can find you during searches.
2. Be on social media. Many of your customers will likely be on there, so have a presence so you can interact with them. Include links to your social media pages on your website. Also, look for other people in your industry that you can connect with on social media, to increase your networking capability. They can help you get business by sharing your posts. Their followers may also follow you, leading to potential customers.
3. Have a blog. This is a great way to share your knowledge and expertise with people, and will also help with SEO. Include links to your website in your blog, and share posts on social media. Having a blog that provides useful and interesting information about your business and industry will help people see you as an expert in your field, and they will be more likely to come to you with their business.
4. Advertise on the internet. Internet ads allow you to customise ads in a variety of ways and are cost-effective. Consider using website banners, links, sponsored ads, ads in online newspapers or magazines, pay-per-click ads, blog marketing, and e-mail marketing. These techniques are all easy to adapt to your specific needs.
5. Look into inbound marketing. This is a great way to get customers, especially if you are on social media and have a blog. This requires the use of social sharing of posts and backlinks, but it works really well. Be sure you have quality content that you are sharing that will get people interested in your posts and articles and will make them want to share it. Also consider guest blogging, where you write a post for another person’s blog. It’s a great way to get your posts in front of a wider audience, and also helps with networking and with creating backlinks to your site. Also be sure to have strong SEO in place for your site and blog, as that is important for inbound marketing. Look into online communities as well, such as industry forums, for inbound marketing.
Whether you need a blog writer, SEO expert, email specialist, social media marketer or website optimiser, you can hire the person that you need here on SuperTasker.