Social media is without a doubt one of the most popular means of online marketing to date, as it provides a great way for companies to share content with their customers, engage with them, and reach prospective new customers. However, social media marketing, especially if you’re doing it yourself, can be a bit hectic and time consuming. To combat that, a good plan for daily posting can do wonders to make it easier for you. What can you do to create a daily routine for your social media marketing?
1. Correct social networks
First off, figure out which social media channels are best for your business. Don’t try to post to every channel out there! Figure out which ones are most likely to have the audience you want to reach and go with the most popular ones. Most businesses head for Facebook first, but other popular ones where your audience might be include Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram.
2. Divide your time
Don’t fool yourself into thinking you need to post to each network every day, because you don’t. The key to social media marketing is quality, not quantity. A good rule of thumb for posting on social media: Facebook – minimum 3 times a week and maximum of 10 times; Twitter – minimum 5 times a week, no maximum; LinkedIn – minimum twice a week, maximum of 5 times; Pinterest – minimum 5 times a day, maximum of 10 times a day; Google+ – minimum 3 times a week, maximum of 10 times. Depending on the role each site plays in your overall plans, you can adjust accordingly.
Plan your scheduled posts around the content you want to share. Limit the number of promotional posts you intended to share, since your goal on social media is to foster relationships with your followers and to build an audience and not to turn them all into customers. The 80-20 rule is good to follow: 20% of your posts should be promotional and the other 80% should be focused on keeping your audience engaged and informed.
4. Build your schedule
Focusing on your main network first might work best so you can see how it works, then you can incorporate your other networks. Set your time and what you will post on the main network each day, then work in the posts for the other networks accordingly.
Make your posts. They won’t take long. You can do it in a matter of minutes. Or if you like, you can make the posts ahead of time and use a scheduling tool to post them for you.
Remember to check daily for feedback and take advantage of the opportunities to respond to comments and questions so you can keep engaged with your followers, and like any shared posts by your customers about your brand. Check your stats, mentions, and keywords at least weekly so you can see how posts are performing and can adjust your plans and content accordingly.
It’s not that hard, really, as long as you plan it out and follow our nice, simple and detailed breakdown of how you can do this in just a few minutes a day.
Do you have any tips that you’d like to add to this list? Please add them in the comments box below!
Additionally, you can use a SuperTasker pro to help you with your social media marketing needs!