The #1 mistake that businesses make with Email Marketing is not sending an email in the first place. When you’ve decided to send out an email, you’ve passed the first and largest hurdle you’ll have to overcome.
We have summarised the top 5 takeaways from our webinar
with David Mitroff, Ph.D. of Piedmont Ave Consulting on The Secret to Great Email Marketing For Startups. You can also watch the 1 hour webinar for more incredible tips and tricks.
1 – Subject Lines:
- Keep it Snappy. Subject Lines should be relevant to the content inside the email. Make the first 2 words of your subject line the most appealing. That’s all most people read.
2 – Content:
- Share knowledge. First provide value and be interesting. That’s what builds your brand. People will read content that is helpful for them. Share what you know that they don’t!
3 – Click Throughs:
- Use Images. Newsletters with images get 47% more click-through activity than content with no images
- Links in Text. Putting links within the body text of your email will increase your click through rate more than CTA buttons alone.
4 – Sharability:
- Share, Share, Share. Include links to social media and don’t be shy about encouraging people to share your content. If you make it easy, they will share.
5 – Content Creation:
- Killer Content. SuperTasker has 2 brand new Tasks available to help you create extraordinary email campaigns. You can get your Newsletter Copy written or a Custom Designed Email Template in a flash.
Do you do email marketing for your startup? We would love to hear what’s worked for you.